This engine kit includes everything to build a 400 CID street engine that will produce approximately 415 horsepower. Combine this kit with your machine work and assembly and you can have a complete engine for a fraction of the cost to have one built. This kit includes quality components that are capable of producing maximum horsepower and reliability. This kit would be a great choice for a Street Rod or Street car looking for reliability, great drive ability with the sound you are looking for. We also supply this kit totally machined and balanced with the heads assembled, so there is no need to take it to a machine shop, all the work is done and ready for your final assembly. (AVAILABLE IN THE OPTIONS, JUST CHECK THE MACHINE & BALANCE TAB) If you need to make any changes to any kit please contact us and we will make any necessary adjustments.
MACHINE & BALANCE OPTION:
Our machined engine kits include: Squaring the decks to the cam / crankshaft centerline and setting the deck height to your specifications, torque plate honed to your specs on our Sunnen SV-10 diamond cyl hone, lifter bores verified and corrected if needed, final washed with the cam bearings and all plugs and dowels installed. Balancing is done on our CWT Multi Bal 5500 computerized engine balancer to .2 oz inches (you will be supplied your bobweight card and balance sheet). The cylinder heads are checked for guide sizing and corrected if necessary. Valve seats are inspected for placement on the valve face and sealing, the valve springs are also set to the installed height and assembled. We also map out the camshaft on our Performance Trends camshaft analyzer to check for any variations that exceed our tolerance (you will be provided a copy of this report). The valve springs will also be checked and verified on our computerized spring checker from free standing to coil bind (you will receive a copy of this as well).
New Motown II Block
All New Rotating Assembly
Wold Products S/R Torquer Cast Iron Cylinder Heads
Erson Camshaft & Lifters
Extreme Duty Aluminum Roller Rockers
Complete Oil System
Bottom End Components:
- 1 World Products 084030 Motown II Block
- 1 Set of H616CP Speed Pro Hypereutectic Pistons Flat Top Approx Compression Ratio (9.5:1 With 76cc)
- 1 SCAT/PBM 75014 Cast Steel Crankshaft 3.750" Stroke (2 pc Seal External Balance)
- 1 SCAT/PBM CR5703 I-Beam Rods With ARP 3/8" Cap Screws
- 1 Set of 2M661 Hastings Moly Std Tension Rings
- 1 Set of King CR807SI Rod Bearings
- 1 Set of King MB557SI Main bearings
- 1 Set of Dura-Bond DT1T Cam Bearings
- 1 Melling IS55E Oil Pump Drive Shaft
- 1 Melling M55HV High Volume Oil Pump
- 1 PBM 7981 Dual Row Timing Set 3 Key.
- 1 Erson E113421S TQ50H Small Base Circle Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft .472" Lift 228*/235* Duration @.050" 110*lc (Please Call for More Options)
- 1 Set Erson HA817R Anti Pump Up Hydraulic Lifters
- 1 PBM 007-3 Cam Lock Plate
- 1 PBM 976p Street/Strip Oil Pan 7qt
- 1 PBM 972 Oil Pump Pick Up
- 1 PBM 490 Timing Cover
- 1 PBM 643 Aluminum Timing Pointer
- 1 PowerBond PB1050-ST Harmonic Balancer
- 1 Allstar 26815 or FP400 Flexplate
- 1 Set Pioneer PE100B Freeze Plugs
- 1 Sealed Power/Fel Pro 260-1000 Complete Gasket Set
- 1 FelPro P2909 Rear Main Seal
Top End Components:
- 2 World Products 042670 S/R Torquer Heads 170cc intake runner 76cc Chamber 9.5:1 Compression
- 1 Erson 3200 Valve Springs
- 1 Erson 501 Valve Spring Retainers
- 1 Erson 205 Valve Locks 7 Degree
- 8 Erson 2105 Race Series Stainless Intake Valves 2.02"
- 8 Erson 2003 Race Series Stainless Exhaust Valves 1.60"
- 1 Erson 601 Guide Plates
- 1 Erson 5182 Rocker Stud Set 7/16"
- 1 Pioneer OS450-100 Valve Seal Set
- 2 Erson 1601-8 Pushrods
- 2 PBM 5009 Head bolt Kits
- 1 Erson 801-16 Extreme Duty Aluminum Roller Rockers
- 1 PBM 743C World Logo Chrome Valve Covers
- 1 Professional Products 52025 Aluminum Intake Manifold (Polished)
- 1 ARP 534-9501 Stainless Fastener Set
This kit is designed to be external balanced and requires the use of a external balanced flexplate and external balanced harmonic balancer, which is supplied with this kit.